Some of our Lifestyle Videos

Free Home Value Report Search For Homes

Expert Tips for Home Buyers & Sellers

As your Chicagoland real estate agent Michael LaFido, I want to be your resource for all things real estate. Whether you are buying, selling, or investing in real estate, I am here to guide you through the process. Subscribe to this blog to learn all of the latest news from our local market and receive expert tips for buying or selling a home.

Our Stagers Will Transform Your Home to Get You Top Dollar



There are many great Chicagoland area homes for sale. Click here to perform a full home search, or if you're thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today's market. You may also call me at (630) 674-3488 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation to answer any of your real estate questions.

The Three Steps to Staging Your Home Professionally

Today I wanted to talk about staging your home to sell it quickly and efficiently. There are a lot of misconceptions about this process, and I wanted to clear the air for you. There are 3 basic stages to getting your home ready for a showing, and I'm going to present them to you in detail.

  1. De-Clutter: After cleaning your home extremely thoroughly, you're going to want to get rid of the clutter. I'm talking about family photos, refrigerator magnets, collections, artwork, or anything that will transmit your personality to the potential buyer. You want to neutralize your home as much as possible so that the buyer will be able to imagine him or herself inhabiting your home. This is the most basic level of staging.
  2. Professional Stagers: The second step is when you hire a professional stager to come in and rearrange and reorganize your furniture and appliances to maximize the amount of space available in your home. Basically, the stager is going to try to situate your home so that it is as comfortable and inviting as possible to any potential buyers.
    • Only 10% of buyers can visualize, so the other 90% can only know what they see. This is why you need a professional to come and get your home ready to show.
  3. Bring in Furniture: This is the third and final step in the process. In this step you would actually have furniture taken out of your home and have other furnishings brought in and set up. Either you rent the furniture or your stager will do so for you. They may also bring in accessories for your kitchen and bathrooms as well. This will cost some extra money, but if you're willing to do this your home has a much better chance to sell quicker and for much more money.
Staged homes are proven to sell faster: 95% of homes that were staged professionally sold (on average) in 11 days and also for 17% more money. If you don't believe how beneficial staging can be, then check out these before & after photos.

My stagers know what buyers are looking for and they actively seek to please them using the available resources in your home. My clients have raved about how much it has helped to neutralize their property and attract a much larger pool of buyers.

You have to remember that we are staging the home for your buyer. It may add some stress when we come in and move everything around, but if selling quickly and for top dollar is your goal, then this is a sacrifice you will have to make.


One last thing I wanted to mention is our free truck program. I have a 12 foot UHaul truck available to you for moving, staging, or any other reason you might need a truck. You have to be in the Chicago area to use it, but visit www.freetruckprogram.com to learn more about this. This is just one way we try to meet all of your needs and serve you as best as we possibly can.

As always, if you're interested in talking about Chicago real estate or want to talk about staging with me, then give me a call at (630) 674-3488 or email me at Mike@LivingInDuPage.com

No comments :

Post a Comment